The U type silicon carbide heating elements is manufactured by taking two carefully-matched SiC rods and uniting them with a silicon carbide bridge.These elements provide for wiring both terminals from one side of the furnace. Ideal for drop-through designs, radiant tube systems or where one element will not span the heating chamber. For maximum performance up to 1600 deg C.
This type is “U”-shaped, consisting of a combination of one each of the hot zone rod and cold zone rod respectively. It is a single-phase heating element with both cold ends in one direction, facilitating increased furnace design flexibility, because connection terminals can be centered on one side. In addition, a furnace with an energy saving structure can be built because the number of heating element holes on the furnace can be reduced compared with the U types.
Silicon carbide SiC heating elements, composed of high-purity, recrystallized silicon carbide, have earned the reputation as the world’s leading heating elements. These elements are widely used as high-temperature heat sources for electric furnaces and for the firing of ceramic capacitors, ferrites and other electronic components,
- Withstands temperatures as high as 1600°C
- Generates high heat output per unit surface area, approximately 5-10 times the output of Nichrome wire
- High strength and excellent shock resistance
- Chemically stable
- Heat source is free of noise and air pollution
- Various coating products are available for protection against water vapor and harmful gas atmosphere
- Easy to handle
- Higher density resulting in longer life